August, 24th 2015~UPDATE

Hey Mom and Family!

Thank you so much for the congrats on my first baptism, I was so excited to baptize Alexia. We went over Friday night to get everything on the program finalized and we asked them who they all wanted to baptize them. Then I was talking with one of the parents and out of no where Alexia says "Snyder, will you baptize me?!" and then I asked her if she was sure and she told me that she was very sure that she wanted me to do it. :)



I was very nervous about baptizing her because as you know I have never baptized someone in my life, but I was very excited as well. I came upon this scripture in search for comfort in what was going to take place the next day, I read this scripture...

Mosiah 23: 27-28
   But Alma went forth and stood among them, and exhorted them that they should not be frightened, but that they should remember the Lord their God and he would deliver them.
   Therefore they hushed their fears, and began to cry unto the Lord that he would soften the hearts of the Lamanites, that they would spare them, and their wives, and their children.

What I got from these scriptures is that you need to hush your fears and trust in the Lord to help you, that he will give you what you need to be happy and to help you learn and grow. So after the baptism I told myself why the heck were you so nervous about? You put your trust in the Lord and look what happened...everything went well :) Andrew was baptized and I consider him another one of our baptisms, I am so happy for him in the decision that he has made to be baptized and I know that it will benefit him for sure for the rest of his life and his family...he is already having girls give him rides to church ;) LOL So before the Gonzales kids got baptized I was talking with their mom and asking what she thinks about her kids getting baptized (keep in mind she has never really been interested herself) she told me that she knew it was a good thing for her kids to be doing and that now she wants to be baptized so that she can be a good example for her kids... But I thought that was really good, and it came as a shock to me I have to tell you that but I was and still am very happy and excited for her :).

I love Elder Chinas and Elder Tarawhiti, I am so excited to be with them this week because I have gotten to know them really well and can't wait to give lessons with them. 



This week will defiantly be a big change for me with Elder Donovan going home and everything but I think the Lord has prepared me for it and I am ready to take the challenge head on. If there is anything that I learned this week that I have learned many times over is to trust in the Lord, but for some reason it stuck with me this time and I am not giving anything for Satan to work with here.

I am glad to hear that your headaches are going away and that you are able to have your neck brace off, now we just have to focus on getting your foot all healed so that you can walk around normal again. There seems to always be something going wrong...but you are a great example to me of one of the Gospel principles that we teach to people a lot and I know that you know it, Enduring to the End. I don't know how much stuff you have gone through and are still going through and you still keep your faith and endure to the end, way to go! That is funny about the youth talks, that is usually what happens when you get young men and women...remember the time when I had to talk and I got up and spoke for at least ten minutes when everyone else took 3 minutes? Haha I felt pretty good that day if I do say so myself :).

I am so happy to hear that the family scripture study is going so well, you guys are getting far! It won't take to long until you guys are done and ready to start over again! haha It makes me really excited because then it feels like you are reading right a long with me ;). That scripture that you gave was really good, and it is mind blowing how it sounds just like what is going on today, you know the church is true when you can compare scripture to the world today and it does it a lot with prophesying of Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon and many other things...it's so exciting!

I saw the blog and it looks great, just as it always does! I hope that the guy who hit us gets put away for a long time (this guy was drunk and 2 1/2 times over the legal limit and has priors in other states) and I hope that everything will get settled as well. I thank God everyday for having protection over us, and for protecting me entirely so that I could do what I needed to do to serve a mission, I didn't let Satan have that one and neither did God ;)

I hope that Alexa and Sean have had a good day at school today, and that dinner that you made sounds so good right now! We have people feeding us really good, we get Hawaiian Haystacks, and usually meals that include lots of chicken...the Gonzales family usually has really good tacos, and carnesada that is really good :) We have hamburgers and some people take us out to Chiles, Olive Garden and other really good places that I can't remember right at the moment. I do get to stay in my apartment, it is the only apartment for us in the whole area, they used to have the sisters in our area, and there were Elders who lived out in Three Points and Sells but now the mission has gone down 100 missionaries so they just have us now.


I loved Alexa's school clothes, they were so cute and I loved seeing them on her.

This past week we also had a Zone Conference, which is where they take 3 zones and have a conference with us all. It was really good, we learned the importance of stressing prayer to our investigators and also the importance of using scripture to back up what we are saying to our investigators. There was a scripture in Alma that I was testified to during the Zone Conference and I can't remember where is was but I will check in my paper scriptures later and send it to you, it was really neat and I don't know why I was testified to about this scripture but it was pretty cool.

I love you guys and I can't wait for more pictures and to hear back from you, I don't have a lot of time today to write everyone but eventually I will get to the rest of you, we have just been really busy. But I love you and pray for you all the time and hope that everything is going well...especially with all the car shopping you guys have been doing!

Love,

Elder Jordie