Sept. 1, 2015~UPDATE ;)

Hey Mom and Family,


 This week has been quite the week for me, Elder Donovan left and then I was in a trio with Elders Tarawhiti and Chinas. It was really weird when Donovan left because I had to learn how to figure some things out on my own, and I got to think about who to teach and who we are teaching and less actives we need to see. So after he left we had to go to our district meeting, but since our district leader left we got to meet with the other District in Sahuarita. It was really good, we were told to come ready to train on a Christ-like attribute in each companionship, we chose to do it on Charity and it went really well. After that we went and saw some less actives and invited them to go to the ward bbq on Saturday, it was a really good day.


 The next day I had the impression that we needed to go out to Sells and see if we could get any new investigators. So to give you an idea we haven't gone out to sells since my first week here in the mission. It is about an hour and a half west from Midvale where we live and it is an Indian Reservation, so they are kind of poor and there town is really small. But anyway, we went out to Sells and decided to start tracting, we knocked on quite a few doors but it seemed like most people weren't home, or they were too busy to listen to what we have to say. We were driving around and all of a sudden me and Elder Tarawhiti saw this house, and there was a car in the driveway and we both had the impression to stop and knock on the door. We knocked and this guy Anthony answered the door, we asked him if he knew who we were and he replied that he didn't know. We then told him who we were and that we would like to share a message with him, he was very open to what we had to say. He has a little baby girl and has been on drugs before and use to drink but he said he was getting sober for his little girl and that he wants to have a better life for him and his family so we taught him the restoration. Throughout the teaching it seemed like he picked a lot of things up, and then he told us in the lesson that if we had come 2 months earlier he wouldn't have even listened to us, or he wouldn't have opened the door. Isn't it amazing when you are lead to someone whose heart is ready?






 I told you about the Gonzales kids and their mom and dad last week so I will give you an update on how the mom is doing. So she expressed to me the desire that she has to be baptized, we went to dinner on Sunday and we went over the baptismal interview questions with her...then we started to give her the lessons again to make sure that she knew all that she needed to, and at the same time it is great because the kids get the new member lessons at the same time. We should be having her baptism on Saturday the 12th but it might have to be pushed back because of her work. They come every Sunday and they are being faithful and willing to make changes in their lives to come closer to Christ. I can't believe the changes that have happened with their family from when I came to this area to now, it's incredible.


 I got a new companion and his name is Elder Price, he is really kind of shy and he is an ASL missionary but he is really nice and I can't wait to get to know him better. He seems to be really excited to get to know the area and to start teaching and meeting the members. He is from Florida but while he has been on his mission his family moved to Utah and want to get a home in Riverton.


 I love Ralphs new car, it is in the blue that I just love and would want a Camry in ;) It is very sharp looking and it must have a V6 in it because it has dual exhaust pipes on it, can't wait to go to Smashburger in it, by the way they have one here!


 
I did speak in church this past Sunday and it went really well, I didn't expect to be so comfortable up on the stand but I was...I spoke on why I came on a mission which seemed to be an easy topic for me because I know exactly why I came on my mission and what all lead up to it, I dragged Elders Tarawhiti and Chinas to speak with me in church. After that we were supposed to go and teach the Gospel Principles class but they already had a teacher in there, so we went to Sunday school. After that we went and took care of the primary because the Bishop wanted all the adults in the Chapel to discuss some things because it was the 5th sunday of the month. So me and my companions and the Sisters came to help out and we had a fun time with the singing time and the lesson and everything.

I am glad that Arlene likes my TV, I am glad that she got a chance to bask in all it's glory! LOL It sounds like you had a good lunch with everyone and of course you have to stop at Baskin Robbins on the way home right? I am glad that you got to go do a session at the temple, but maybe you do need to take your neck brace next time it sounds like you weren't having that much fun at all. I am glad that Alexa and Sean are loving school, it sounds like Sean has a lot on his plate but is doing good, and Alexa is looking cuter than ever! I loved those pics that you sent of her! I know the girl you are talking about, I am glad that Sean is asking her for the Homecoming...maybe he is still too young to go to dances ;) (spoken like a big brother! Lol)

 The musical number sounds like it will be really great, Kelly really did good with that one (Christopher’s father in law is coming to perform “O Devine Redeemer” on the violin and will be accompanied by his daughter Julia at our ward the end of this month, he is amazing!) 

 I can't think of anything else that I may need off the top of my head, but I am looking forward to the package that will be sent to me :) Well I got to get emailing some pictures here and I hope that you guys have a wonderful week and I still pray for you and love all of you. Sorry today is kind of a scattered day so I wasn't able to gather all of my thoughts like I usually like to. I can't wait to hear from you and I love you guys!

Love,

Elder Jordie