UPDATE~ October 12, 2015

Hello Mom and Family,

This week has been a really good week...well after we got all of the stuff that happened first out of the way. Monday we got locked out of our apartment because Elder Price lost the keys, but I wasn't really upset at all about it. So we go to the apartment after everything we did that day and we call the "emergency number" which is the Manger of the complex and they sent the maintenance guy out with the keys. While we were waiting for the guy to come we got a call from President Passey and he asked if he could come see us at our apartment and we told him that he could and then he said "are you home?" and I said "Yeah" and then he said "you're not locked out right, because that would be pretty dumb" and then I said "yeah we're locked out" and then he started to laugh and was like really?? Then I told him the situation and he told us he would be there in a couple minutes to see us. When he got to the apartment we had gotten inside and he seemed like he was in a good mood, he interviewed us together and then separately...I had a good interview with him, we talked for like and hour about a bunch of stuff. He gave me a lot of great advice and I have been using it and it has made this week a lot better :)

So this week has been CRAZY! We will be going places and people will hand me or my companion money and say "lunch/dinner is on us." It is the weirdest thing, that has never happened to me in this area before...and after Zone Meeting last Wednesday we went to KFC and a lady paid for me and Elder Price to eat and gave us a 20 for dinner. A lady the next day outside of a store handed us a 20, someone at Sunny Daze on Monday paid for all the missionaries meals...we went to go clean the church Saturday morning and the coordinator handed us 20 bucks. So for lunch we had decided to go to Olive Garden and use the 40 that we had, but then someone had paid for everything that we had had to eat. And I just now realized that the dinner calendar wasn't filled up all the way because of Conference, I think that is why because with the money, we were able to get dinner every night...the Lord has been watching over us :)

I am really excited to be staying in the area! But I have to tell you guys that I am going to miss Elder Price...I realize this transfer was another growing experience for me. I love Price, he is different.. He has been a great companion and has been fun to get to know once the ice was broken.


My new companion is coming from the same place Elder Price came from (the Gila Valley) and his name is Elder Vance, all I know is that he has been out for a while and President thinks that our personalities will get along really well :) I kind of knew that I was going to stay in the area, but when you're a missionary there is always a thought that is really unsure about if you'll get transferred or not because you never know! I am just so excited that I will hit 6 Months in this area!!!



 I am so glad to hear that Alexa is doing good reading the scriptures in pronouncing words! That makes me so happy and I am glad to see how far you guys have come! I can't believe Sean already got asked to the Fall Ball, of course he did...and why was I not surprised when there was food involved???


I am so sad that I can't be there for Halloween this year, I look forward to going to the Haunted Houses and I really wanted to take a haunted tour where they take you to all the places around Salt Lake that are haunted...I guess I'll just have to wait!

I read that you are going to have a BBQ with Donovan, Hernandez and Aleman...that sounds like so much fun and I am so glad that you are finally going to meet everyone and talk about everything and my experiences with all of them, there is a lot of funny ones. I can't wait to see what all of them say about it, especially with Ann and Paul there...their stories are the funniest and you have to have them tell the stories because the way they tell them have you rolling on the floor laughing!

I can't believe that Elder Jeffrey R. Holland will be coming to the Stake..(Elder Holland is so cool he even drives a Toyota Highlander)   :)  

Elder & Sister Renlund     Elder & Sister Holland


Mom, I am so glad that you got a blessing I know you know it will help you and I know it will help you. There were some people in our ward yesterday that told me they were fasting for your health and I thought that was pretty neat because I didn't even ask them too...I know Sister Ludovic fasted but there were some others as well :) (I think the people in my elders ward are awesome!  thank you to those who fasted for me, love you all tons!!)

I have been "Ponderizing" this scripture all week:
Mosiah 26: 20
Thou are my servant; and I covenant with thee that thou
shalt have eternal life; and thou shalt serve me and go forth
in my name, and shalt gather together my sheep.

I love you guys and hope that you have a great week and hope that you get better mom...I know you will! I pray for you guys all the time and want you to know how much I miss you guys and wish I could be there sometimes...the rest of the time I know I am where I'm supposed to be :D

Love,

Elder Jordie