UPDATE~ September 28, 2015

Hey Mom and Family,

So mom, before I get started can I just say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Thanks for being the amazing mom that you are and for helping me get through my mission as calmly as I can! I am so glad that you love the shirt, I made it for you and Sister Ludovic helped me with it ;) (he put "love" on one sleeve and "Diva" on the other and a heart on the back near the neck)  I love all the pictures that you sent, love seeing what all went on at home with all of you!



"Happy Birthday Mom 9-28-2015"
I am so glad that you had a great birthday weekend..Just know that the patterns on the shirt were put on with a lot of love :)

This week has been quite a slow week actually, we have been doing a lot of finding because we have all the referrals to check out from the past 2 years...formers who may now be interested again, and just trying to find people who no one could ever seem to find. I was pretty discouraged this week and didn't feel as if we were so productive, I wanted to know if there was something that maybe I was doing to make it this way but the Lord confirmed to me yesterday that he knew I was trying my best. We went into Ward Council yesterday and the people we couldn't find came up in the meeting. Apparently the people we were trying to find called our Ward Mission Leader and told them their real address and that they want the lessons again. I was just thinking after that, look we tried really hard to find this guy and the Lord knows it, so he has blessed us by taking care of the rest and now we have his address and his phone number and we are going to meet with him this week, he is a less-active :)

I did see the moon last night, it was super cool..


I am doing really good since me and Sister Passey have talked.  I am getting along really good with my companion, I feel as if we understand each other now and we have been having a lot of fun together :)

That is crazy how everyone is coming to Arizona...so when are Ron and Brooke coming? And where in Arizona does Lauren Tye live? So at the last transfer meeting I got to see Devan Woodbury just an FYI. I wish I could have been there for your birthday dinner...how come you didn't come to the Olive Garden in Tucson??? So Dennis is a less active which means he is already baptized, but we won't see him for a while...he is super busy and doesn't know when he can have us over next. Roger is getting baptized Oct. 31 and his son Jose Antonio will baptize him, I just hope that I will be able to be there for that. I am glad to hear that Alexa is doing better, did she get Rose's card? So the sickness is making the rounds in the family...maybe I'll get it next! haha

I loved my packages and have a couple of pictures to send to you to show you I got them safe and sound..


I can't believe people are already getting Christmas packages together, you know it is 87 days until Christmas and the only way I know that is because the Zone Leaders sent out a text to everyone saying that it was 88 days until Christmas yesterday, it is my favorite time of the year!

It sounds like you have a lot of lunches planned and that the family is doing really well, I can't believe you guys are already in Alma...is there any other changes in your lives that I don't know about yet, because I would like to know LOL! So that picture of us at the temple was taken last Friday when we went to the temple by the way.


I keep studying D&C 11, and I get a little more each time I read it...but the meaning of why I read it the first time is still there. It makes me so happy each time that I read it, and it motivates me to be the best I can be and to try as hard as I can and the Lord will make up the rest :D

Thank you for the scripture, I really needed to be reminded of that one again because that is the scripture I focused on the most in the first part of my mission. This week I have been focusing on one of the commandments to pray often and I really like the scriptures that Preach My Gospel points out in the section about teaching Pray Often. I came across this scripture which I used in my last talk that I gave in sacrament meeting about why I came on a mission. It is 2 Nephi 32 8-9

And now, my beloved brethren, I perceive that ye ponder,
still in your hearts; and it grieveth me that I must speak
concerning this thing. For if ye would hearken unto the
Spirit which teacheth a man to pray, ye would know that
ye must pray; for the evil spirit teacheth a man not to pray,
but teacheth him that he must not pray.

But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and
not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord
save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the
name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance
unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of
thy soul.

I love you guys and again mom Happy Birthday and I hope that you have a great day on the day you turn 1 year younger. you're beautiful and so amazing I don't even think you know! I can't wait to hear more from you and hope that you guys have a great week!

Love,

Elder Jordie