October 26, 2015 ~ UPDATE ;)

Hi Mom and Family,

This week has been a really good and busy week, we had some people to teach...still doing a lot of finding to cross people off our list or to add them to our list. So we didn't teach the girl who is an atheist this week but we got to teach the other one that we met there. We went over there when we had an appointment but they weren't home, we went over there on Friday and the other girl was there and we asked her if we could teach her some more. She had a lot of questions which is really good, we talked a lot about how God loves her and that we only get answers to things we want to know through prayer. She then asked if we thought God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost are one. We then explained that they are all separate beings and that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father are living and that they all work as one to be in unison with each other.  To our surprise she was really relieved and told us that she has always believed that they were all separate but the Catholic Church had been telling her otherwise. We made a lot of progress with her and her name is Lluvia pronounced you-v-air, and we have a return appointment with her to talk more about how she can better her relationship with her Heavenly Father.

I am glad that you liked the birthday card that I sent.  So tomorrow will be my 5 month mark and I am super excited because it really hasn't felt like 5 months...and to think by Thanksgiving it will be my 6 month mark and then I will just have a year and a half more to go. I thought about what you said about having Sean and Alexa come with you guys at that time when I am ready to come home and I think that that would be a good thing for the family. I think that I would really enjoy having time with them, and it would be cool to have them see where I served and how much I love it here, especially because after that Sean will be leaving on his mission and I wanted him to come back with me anyway.

I loved the meatloaf and potatoes that you sent here for me, it was so good I kept thinking about how much I love home cooking from my own family...I really miss it! I read what you sent me about Evelyn Tames nephew and I will keep a look out...it doesn't look like his records are in the Sahuarita Stake but every where I go to I will keep a look out for him and see if we can get him coming back to church!

Ad and Darle have written me and so has Bishop Campbell but I am going to have to find the time to write them all back, I love the emails.

So, I loved all the pictures  that you sent me from the Stake Conference that you guys had with Elder Holland...I am thinking since he has a Toyota Highlander our family should get one too! We could be just like an apostle of the Lord...or at least have something in common...he is a smart man! (Jordan absolutely loves Toyota!!!)  I love the experience that Patriarch Bowles had with Elder Holland...that has got to be one happy memory that he will have for the rest of his life. I love that you guys got to meet Elder Holland, I hope that I could be so lucky to meet him one day...it would be cool if it was on my mission but I don't ever think that that would ever happen.

I am glad that you are loving all the people that I come in contact with on my mission, they are such good people and I love them so much...I can't wait till you meet everyone that I want you to meet and this is just in my first area. I really love our ward mission leader and his wife...a couple of times this week our dinners fell through and they didn't hesitate to have us over so that they could feed us...I know that you would really like them and they are some that I want you to meet as well. I can't wait to come home to all the new things...actually I can wait a little while longer I am not done yet. But when I get to that point I want to try all the new things everyone has to offer...a good shake sounds really great right about now. LOL

Now, I have a scripture that really took my interest this week and it is really good...it reminded me of the Unions that we have and all the crap that goes on there...

Alma 11; 20
Now, it was for sole purpose to get gain, because
they received their wages according to their employ, ther-
fore, they did stir up the people to riotings, and all
manner of disturbances and wickedness, that they might
have more employ, that they might get money according
to the suits which were brought before them; therefore they
did stir up the people against Alma and Amulek.

I love you guys and hope that you all have good health and have a great week this week, I pray for you guys all the time and hope the best for all of you...endure to the end, that is a gospel principle ;)

Love,

Elder Jordie


Jordan's favorite pumpkin cheesecake!!
Kitt Peak~Observatories where they study space