UPDATE~ October 19, 2015

Hello Mom and Family,

This week has been a pretty good week, we had transfers as you are aware of and I had to wait a couple of hours for my companion to come in from the Gila Valley, just like I had to for Elder Price. We have been doing a lot of finding this week since most of the people we are teaching became members. Then I was impressed to go down the list of potentials and see who else we could see...I found someone that I thought we had tried to see before but I guess we hadn't. When the people answered the door we asked for the specific person and they said that they didn't live there anymore, that they now live in Sahuarita. We gave them our number to give to the person and then we proceeded to ask them if they would like to hear what God has in store for them and they let us in. We asked if there was any religious background and one of them said "I'm Atheist" and the other one said "no not really." Then the Atheist one asked us if it was true that God doesn't care about you when you practice a different religion...then we proceeded to tell her that that wasn't true, that no matter who you are or what you believe God cares about you and loves you just the same, and that he is very mindful of us and we are all children of our Heavenly Father. 

I am glad that you enjoyed the company of part of the Ludovic Family, it seems as if you guys had a lot of fun with them and I am very glad about that. I am so jealous that you guys got to go to the temple and do sealings, I love doing those and they don't take a really long time to do.

Jordan River Temple

So there is a Sister that just got home a couple months ago? What is her name, Elder Vance would like to know since you said that she knows Donovan and Elder Vance...this week has been a good week, even though transfers are really kind of weird and I hate anticipating getting a new companion, I really didn't mind them. President told me that I would like this companion because our personalities would get along really well. Not that Elder Price and I didn't get along...but he was so quite and at the end we came to love each other and be friends.

I love the pictures that you sent to me, Sister Ludovic says that you guys feel like her family and she also said that she really loves Taylorsville which I can clearly understand.

Sean, Carrie, Rosie, Alexa and Louisa
Cami & Louisa
Arizona has it's own beauty.  I feel as if I have become grateful for the trees that are here even though they are kind of scary trees...in our complex it is really funny, so they have pine trees there and it is so funny to look up at them because you know they don't belong in this heat and desert. They look very bare, like there is hardly any pine needles on them...they just look like they are about to die, I don't know how they survive there!  It has been cooling down some here, it has been in the 80's which is nicer than having it be in the 100's in October! Haha, this past week we have had a lot of thunderstorms that woke me up in the middle of the night, I loved it!

I knew that Sean and Carrie would get along just fine!  I am also glad that Alexa and Rose got along,



Saturday we had the groundbreaking for the Tucson Arizona Temple, in which President Uchtdorf came and told everyone that he volunteered to come preside over this groundbreaking because he loves Tucson, he told everyone that he had lived here for a while because he was doing his training to be a commercial airline pilot here. It was so cool, and he said that the day before he came and did the groundbreaking he and his wife went to the San Xavier Mission which is in our area! I was just freaking out knowing he was that close to our apartments!

So this week has been pretty good, I enjoyed it...I am going to give you a link to see pictures of the groundbreaking, there is a really good picture of President and Sister Passey helping with the groundbreaking that I thought you might like to use for the blog ;)  http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/tucson/construction/


Mom, I hope that you are doing well, you need to be resting and taking care of yourself! I love all you guys and I pray for you all the time, for your protection and your well-being and hope that the scripture study is all going well :)

This scripture stood out to me :)

Alma 5: 21
I say unto you, ye will know at that day that ye cannot be saved; for there
can no man be saved except his garments are washed white; yea, his garments
must be purified until they are cleansed from all stain, through the blood of
him of whom it has been spoken by our fathers, who should come to redeem his
people from their sins.

I love you and can't wait to hear more from you!

Love,

Elder Jordie