JANUARY 25, 2016

Hey Mom and Family,

This week has been a really interesting week, we had a lot going on and not enough time just to take a little break. This past Saturday we had the baptism of Victor, and I think that Sister Basteen sent you some pictures of us with Victor and his wife Barbara. I really enjoyed the baptism, you could really feel the spirit that was there...and Victor is a great guy, he has been investigating the church for about 10 years now. He comes to church without fail and is really committed to being a life long member and enduring to the absolute end. You can tell that he has a very real testimony of the Gospel, and that he is going to do all that he can to get back to our Heavenly Father one day...:)


This past week we had the privilege of teaching Joseph again, it went really well and he had a lot of good questions for us. Since he is part of the foster care system we had to get permission from them for Joseph to get baptized, so we went over to his foster moms house and we didn't even have to ask her about that because she had already called and got permission! So the baptism is still on and I am really excited, the last time we taught him we taught the Word of Wisdom...he had some great questions, and through the spirit we were able to give answers that clicked in his mind and heart and that made sense. He will be baptized on the 6th of February and we are trying to have a lot of lessons with him before hand to get him ready...I think you would really like this kid, he is a good one! His friends are doing a great job of bringing him to church and activities, so he is getting the fellow-shipping that he needs which is really helpful to us, they are so good at bearing their testimonies when we are in lessons and it just brings the spirit right in...I am so excited for him!

Mom, I am doing pretty okay... I look forward to going to  peoples homes, people like the Basteens and the Smiths, and the French's and so many more. These people are such wonderful people, and they have so much love for us...this Friday we are going to the Smith's for dinner and they are so excited to finally have us to eat...Sister Smith calls us her boys ;) And she always makes sure that we have Chocodiles every time we come over. This past Tuesday the French's took us down to a Mexican Restaurant down in Lordsburg called Romona's...it was good but the Enchiladas burned my whole mouth off my face! LOL Then they took us for dessert at this place down there called Kranberries, where I had a Hot Fudge Sundae, with pecans! YUM! Sister French calls us her favorite Gremlins...LOL and she always gives us a hug ;)


I am glad that you have talked to Sister Merrell, isn't it amazing how the Lord works...like with her praying for someone to help and you just happen to ask her how she is doing? I really love her and her family, they are such great and wonderful people and are very loving and funny! I can't wait to go to dinner at their house because I love talking to them! That is so cool how she has helped Hashimoto's people before, that is weird because a lot of people don't even know what it is...

I am glad that you got a friend request from Kennedi, she was an amazing missionary here and yes she was the one in a lot of the pictures with me :) She has a very loving heart, you will love her, she loves to laugh and have a good time...she laughs at a lot of things that you and I find really funny! I think she is from Logan.

I loved seeing all of you guys in you Arizona shirts and can't wait to see Christopher and Katherine in theirs! I knew that you guys would love those and you are welcome...I just wanted you guys to have something from here.




Today, we went to Safford to shop and to get the truck washed... I just decided that we needed to leave for a couple of hours. After we went shopping I decided that I haven't had Taco Bell in a long time...probably for about 7 months, so we went to Taco Bell for lunch...and now I am here writing you :)  The 5 Cheese Ziti al Forno that you made looks so good, I am just drooling looking at all the pictures of it! I have been craving that lately and don't know how I am going to get some! I guess I will have to wait for it until I get home! That is so awesome how Christopher gets to fly, and he gets to take anyone! Cha Ching!

I can't wait for this weekend because it is Stake Conference and you know what that means! The Passey's are coming to town, and they are really anxious to see how I am doing here in Duncan...I love hearing them speak every single time, and the Basteen's are taking me to the Mesa Temple for Celena's endowment! So excited!!!

Wow, Alexa sounds like she is becoming a scriptorian! LOL I am so happy, that is good for her and all of you guys and I am so proud of how far you guys have gotten! I can't believe that I have been out for 8 months now. :)

I love you guys and thanks for taking the time to write, I pray for your health and strength always...and pray that the Lord will take care of you as I am out here in the mission field. I can't wait to hear back from you and I love you guys very very much and I am glad that you enjoy the shirts that I got you!

Love,

Elder Jordie