February 1, 2016 ;)


Hello Mom and Family,

This past week has been a good week, I will cut to the chase about Stake Conference and back track from there. I got a text from the Passey's saying "Elder Snyder great news, President and I will be in Duncan this weekend for Stake Conference and we are really anxious to see how you are doing. Is there a time between 3:30 and 6:00 I could meet and talk with you about how you are doing?" So I set up a time and Sister Passey and I talked for about an hour.  Our Saturday Session was awesome, mostly because President and Sister Passey always give amazing talks that catches everyone's attention...this time they spoke to the members about being bold in sharing their testimonies with others, and inviting them to have the missionary discussions. I just LOVE the Passey's!


Okay, so now onto other things...we taught Joseph again this past week about our Heavenly Fathers plan for him and for everyone, we taught the Plan of Salvation. Oh my goodness it was a good lesson, we had so much to talk about and so many answers to be given. Joseph said that he had always wondered what his purpose was in this life and what Heavenly Father has in store for him. So far he is keeping every commitment that we give him such as reading the scriptures, praying, and keeping the Word of Wisdom. Now we just need to meet with him and go over the commandments and the law of chastity. I am excited for him and the steps that he is taking to feel the love the Savior has for him, and to align his will more with God's will.

Friday we were on one of the dirt roads out here and all of a sudden I look down and the tire pressure gauge is going off. I then stopped the truck to see what had happened and saw that one tire was going flat...at this point I was okay with it because we will just put the spare on. Then Elder Phillips tells me that I might want to look at the front passenger tire as it is deflating as well. At this point we have two flat tires on the passenger side and I didn't know exactly what I was going to do...we were like 2 miles out of the actual town on this road that no one was driving on. Then some nice people in a truck come up behind us and asks what is wrong and if they can help, and I told them that we would love the help. They took our front tire off and opened the bed of the truck and patched the tire, they told us that the rocks on that road are like knives for tires...so our tires went flat because two one inch rocks pierced them! Can you believe that? The patch wasn't holding to well but enough to get it home, that night we had dinner with the Smith's but we were running late because of the tire incident and we told them that we needed a ride to their house. Brother Smith was happy to pick us up...we had an appointment that night and didn't know how we were going to get to it, and then Bro. Smith tells us that we can take his car all weekend if we need to, and that he has another car that he and his wife can use. So we took the car to our lesson, and went back that night to the Smith's to visit some more and they had packed up all the leftovers for us to take home :). In the morning we asked Wilbur (the guy who's house we are staying in) if he knew how to patch tire's...well he is 87 years old and still farms everyday and he told us that he did...so he patched our tires enough to get us to Safford where we then got new tires! What an adventure!!! But before we went while Wilbur was fixing our truck tires I was cleaning the Smith's car to show them how much I appreciated what they did for us ;)

That is so funny how Sean applied to work there and they called back saying that he would need a co-signer to buy a car! LOL I will have to send Alexa a valentine card since I told her that I would be her valentine ;)

Transfers are coming up on Feb. 16th and I cannot wait! I hope I get to stay in this area!!  I can't wait to talk face to face again in 3 1/2 months...it is so awesome, time is going by kind of quickly right now for me and it seems like months are passing by like days. I am so happy that I get to go to Mesa on the 15th, it is going to be a good day. I do hear from people in my last area like the Gonzales Family and every now and then I hear from Roger. I am glad that Alexa is getting the help in understanding that she needs from the family through scripture study...it is a powerful learning experience.

I love you guys and thanks for taking the time to write. Just know that I love you and pray for you always and hope that you guys have a great week and I can't wait to hear back from you!

Love,

Elder Jordie

Thank you Sister Basteen for this pic ;)  I love and miss that smile that is so Jordan!