May 9, 2016 :)

Happy day after Mother's Day ;)

Mom and Family,

I just want to say that there is never enough time to Skype and see each other face to face so I guess I will just have to look forward to our "short" Skype sessions and seeing you when I hit my 2 year mark. :) I really enjoyed seeing all of you and how you all were doing, that was a lot of fun and mom I hope that you had a really good mothers day because you deserved it! I love all of the pictures that you sent, and wish that we were getting a hail storm here! That would be so nice you know. Love all of the stuff that you got for mothers day, those shoes are awesome and I don't know who gave you that Arizona shirt but that is pretty awesome as well. ;)


Ok, so I forgot to tell you about the woman at Walmart last week when we were there on pday. So we were just minding our own business going in and out of isles trying to find the cold cereal isles and this lady out of nowhere is like "Hey Mormons! Are you Mormons?!" SO we turned and looked and it was this little Mexican lady that was trying to get our attention. She introduced her self and told us that she just loves Mormons and wants to be one when she gets all the lessons and knows more, she told us that she would be at church this next week so we will see what happens. She told us that she has a house and two apartments in Mexico that she was getting ready so that she could rent them out, but she only wants to rent them out to missionaries! How cool is that?! So we are getting her in contact with the mission office down there so she can try to set something up. Then she expressed her desire to be a missionary but she is a senior so she didn't think that she would be able to go, until I told her that single senior sisters can serve missions in the mission office...then she got really excited and told us that she had to go, and she told me that she would always be able to remember my name because she has some cousins with the last name Snyder.

So I know that I told you yesterday but Kayla is getting baptized on the 21st of May, we finally set a baptism date for her and she is on board. She is in a family that is returning to church and she is almost 10 so this will be a convert baptism. Her dad has had a friend of their family baptize his wife and his other daughter but it turns out that he won't be able to make it to baptize her. So after sacrament meeting was getting out Brother Ellis walked up to me and said "Would you be willing to baptize Kayla?" And I was like heck yeah I will do that! Then he said "Thank you, it would be a real honor if you did that for her and for me." Then I told him how much of an honor it would be for me to baptize her and how much it would mean to me. It was so awesome, I felt so good for the rest of the day, I was just on cloud 9!

We went to the new Krispy Kreme here and were the first missionaries to go in so they gave me and Elder Hansen each a dozen free donuts ;) YUM!




I know that you haven't been able to send your email yet but I thought that I would just start writing anyway. That means that by the time you send your email I can start replying to some of it and you can reply a little to mine. I miss you guys and I am so grateful for the chance in which I got to Skype my wonderful family yesterday.  I love you guys and you know that I am always praying for you and wish the best for you!


Love,

Elder Jordie