August 8, 2016 :)

Hey Mom and Family,

This week has been a really good week for me and my companion, especially for my companion who is going home to Washington on Wednesday. This past week we had what is called Zone Breakout and it's when the Zone gets together to go over Administrative Items and hear what we call dying testimonies for those who are going home, and then we break off and have our district meetings. Well I liked what Elder Christensen said when he got up in front of everyone to give his testimony...he said the following: "most missionaries say I can't believe it's finally here, but I'm not going to say that because I can believe it's here." LOL I loved that so much. Anyway we have been really busy getting ready for Elder C to leave, been running around to see people that he wants to see before he goes home and we also have been having a lot of appointments this week which is really good! It's sad that he is leaving but it's time.

As you know we had an appointment with our investigator Ron this past Tuesday at the Temple Construction site and it was raining all day that day. When Ron came into the trailer where they do tours and tell what the temple is about and what we do in there, he said that his member friend wasn't going to make it but that he invited his friend who is Catholic and his name is John. I was thinking how awesome is this?! He is already inviting his friends to learn and hear about the Gospel. Well his friend then came after not being able to find the Temple and they both loved the tour from the Missionaries on the construction site...they are senior missionaries and they are missionaries to the men on site and give tours. Ron and John loved the beauty of the Tucson Temple and it fits in so well with the southwestern style of Arizona, the dome which is called a Cupola is mirrored after one in Florence, Italy. John really loved that because he really appreciates beautiful architecture. They both had wonderful questions and the answers were amazing, the missionaries were also able to add in their perspective on finding the truth because before they were Mormon they were Catholic...how perfect! :)




As you have heard I will be training this next transfer and I am really excited about it, I finally get to have a son of my own :D We helped some more non members move this past week in another ward and they are friends of a member in Camino Principal Ward. He thought it would be good since they are asking a lot of questions about the church, and want to know what it's all about. They wanted to know what we do which is really awesome, I am so glad that all of these opportunities are coming up with non members and being an example and being able to help. After we helped move them from 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM I was so exhausted, but then Elder C had his last interview with President scheduled for 1:00 PM so I had time to take a nap and shower. After his interview with President they came out and President looked and motioned for me to come with him into the Relief Society room. Then he said "Elder Snyder I know you want to know what is going to happen with you...are you ready to hear the transfer news?" I was so eager to say yes and then he said "you ready to train?" Heck YEAH! Haha I came out smiling :D

Thank you for the wonderful support you are to me! I feel that I am ready for this next step in my mission and before I know it it will be all over. The time is starting to go faster for me and I just find that the days and weeks and even months are starting to fly by.

I can't wait until I can study with you guys because I have learned so much about different things in the Book of Mormon that it makes me excited to share it! I plan on making the best of the 10 months that I have left and I also plan to be a good example to those around me as well. I am really excited to see what this week has in store for me, and I can't wait to see what the Lord has planned! I love you guys and thank you for the prayers in my behalf because they really help! Just know that I pray for you always and wish you guys the best!

Love,

Elder Jordie