July 11, 2016

Hey Mom and Family,

This week has just been another week of taking it easy because I don't seem to be getting any better, however Elder C has gotten better pretty fast and I am kind of confused as to why I am still sick! This is no fun at all and a lot of our dinners have canceled because they are all getting sick, which is okay because I don't want to get anyone else sick. The Robles family has been having us over a lot to feed us and to help me feel better :) I love that family so much!!! That whole family has the best sense of humor!





Like I think I said last week it has been weird that everyone is calling and canceling our appointments that we have with them, I think it is God looking out for me and those people because nobody likes being sick and I have been miserable. Although we did have a good lesson on Friday with one of our investigators, we are reading the Book of Mormon with her and it is really cool to see the light turn on in her head when we study it.

This past Wednesday we had a Zone Meeting and that means that we get to have 3 hours worth of training. I was happy though to see that Sister Passey was invited to give a training and it was really cool, it inspired me a lot and gave me new information on what I need to be teaching better. We talked about baptism and the thing that I learned is that baptism does not cleanse up from sin, baptism qualifies us or prepares us to be cleansed from sin...it's when we get the Gift of the Holy Ghost that we are cleansed from sin because the spirit has authority to sanctify us or cleanse us from sin...hence being baptized by fire! So COOL! All this time we have been telling people that baptism it what make them clean, but that's not totally true because what happens when you don't have the Gift of the Holy Ghost after you are baptized? You aren't considered a member for that reason, not being cleansed...and it is such an amazing gift when you think about it, that we can have a member of the Godhead with us 24/7! As you know I love it when President and Sister Passey gives training's and it's because my mind is blown every single time, I learn something that I never knew before!

Cool fact, this past week the Angel Moroni was put on the Tucson, Arizona Temple! The outside is done and some people said that they heard the temple should be done by next April...it would be so awesome if that is true because then I could go through before I go home! Here is a link to the news story about it:Â http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/32395591/mormon-temple-in-tucson-reaches-milestone



I am glad that you guys had a fun time last night, I am glad that grandpa came over and had dinner with you guys, I miss those times... ;P.

Well I have talked you ear off by now but I want to let you guys know that I love you and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about you! Keep getting better and I hope that you guys don't get what I have...it really sucks! LOL Nothing fun for P Day today but that is okay because I need to take it easy. Love you guys and can't wait to hear back!

Love,
Elder Jordie